Academy Trust and Governing Body
The Governing Body plays an important role in guiding the school strategically in conjunction with the Principal and Leadership team, with a view to providing the best possible education and educational opportunities for all of the pupils.
The Governors at Henley-in-Arden CE Primary School are responsible for:-
- monitoring the effective delivery of the National Curriculum;
- financial management;
- professional advice on the adequacy and deployment of resources within the school;
- monitoring the academy’s self-evaluation;
- establishing clear priorities and procedures for the effective support of the academy;
The governing body is also split into 4 committees that meet every term. The committees are;
- Responsible for monitoring, evaluating and reviewing policy and performance in relation to financial management and compliance with reporting and regulatory requirements. They oversee the staffing structure and payment reviews. They also receive reports from the Responsible Officer and draft the annual budget.
- Responsible for monitoring the site and buildings of the Academy, determining what routine improvements should be made and planning for future expansion or enhancement of the current facilities.
Community/Church Links Committee
- Responsible for developing the spiritual and moral aspects of the school’s curriculum, and in increasing the schools involvement within the local community.
- This committee focuses on the teaching and learning within the school. They monitor pupil’s progress and attainment through RAISE online and other means of self-assessment. It evaluates the impact of focused Pupil Premium spending. It is also kept informed about curriculum changes and the effect on future resources. They are consulted on policy development prior to policies being approved by the full governing body.
Governors join at least one committee and have the responsibility for focusing on specific topics/areas ranging from standards of education, fabric of the school buildings, staffing, budgets and community. Each committee has terms of reference, objectives and delegated powers. The chair of each committee provides feedback to all governors during full governing body meetings and certain issues are presented and then voted on by all governors.
The Chair of Govenors can be contacted via the school office on 01564 792766
or by letter addressed to :
Mr P Tillman
Chair of Governing Body
Henley in Arden C of E Primary School
Henley in Arden