Messy Church is a bi-monthly time when families come together to enjoy being together, making things together, eating together and celebrating God together through his word, through music and through prayer. It’s different from a children’s activity day because it’s an event for children and their carers or parents together, and it’s more than a local authority fun day because of the element of worship that underpins it all.
With Messy Church we are trying to be a worshipping community of all ages, centred on Christ, showing Christian hospitality / giving people a chance to express their creativity, to sit down together to eat a meal and have fun within a church context.
Our principles, in no particular order:
- To provide an opportunity for people of all ages to worship together.
- To help people of all ages to feel that they belong in church and to each other.
- To help people have fun together.
- To give people a chance to express their God-given creativity.
- To invite people into an experience of Christian community.
- To introduce people to Jesus through hospitality, friendship, stories and worship.
Messy Church is run by Mrs Hayes and Mrs Field at St Nicholas Church Hall and Sunday Club is run by Mrs Hayes.